First, consider the following:
- Michael Hammer and James Champy, in their 1993 book Reengineering The Corporation, defined the word Reengineering as the “Fundamental rethinking and radical redesign of business processes to achieve dramatic improvements in critical measures of performance such as cost, service, and speed”;
- This lead to a popular corporate restructuring process called Business Process Reengineering (BPR). BPR started the trend of corporations using information technology to downsize jobs, outsource jobs and eliminate middle management positions all in an effort to cut cost and improve efficiency. This was great for corporations, but horrible for employees and workers and it continues to day.
So, to address this issue and provide solutions for the average worker, we introduce Income Reengineering as a counterbalance initiative to Business process reengineering. Income reengineering is defined as the fundamental rethinking and radical redesign of business processes to achieve dramatic improvements in the income earning and wealth building ability of the average worker while he or she is on the job
- During the industrial revolution, the standard of living for the average worker increased significantly as workers migrated from farms and small shops to earning a wage in factories. It was a historic transition;
- As we undergo this information revolution, shouldn’t there be a corresponding historic transition that dramatically improves the standard of living for the average worker?? If so, where is it? How will it materialize and what part will the internet play in delivering this higher standard of living to the average worker/consumer;
- So, all we see is decreasing middle class and a rising gap between rich and poor
Just consider current economic trends:
For years, people work and live paycheck to paycheck and retire dead broke depending on social security. However, social security may not be available in the future.
For these reasons and more, it’s time for new thinking and new solutions to create new kinds of wealth for the masses as we advance through the 21st century and global information age:
- Think about it. With the information technology tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and smart phones, society is more connected than ever in history. However, this well connected society is still living paycheck to paycheck with little to no savings and often working 2 jobs to make ends meet;
- So, it’s definitely time for new thinking
Now, the only way to help the masses is to look for solutions in the mainstream workplace where the masses earn their income. This brings us to the formal definition of the Income Reengineering Process and the Income Reengineering Vision.
The Income Reengineering Process: The Income Reengineering Process is the real time, collaborative and interactive economic research into how to apply the internet and other information technology to aggressively and systematically integrate entrepreneurship and wealth focused principles, processes and compensation models into the mainstream workplace to the point where we make the Income Reengineering Vision a reality in the mainstream workplace.
..and the Income Reengineering Vision:
Income Reengineering Vision: Eliminate paycheck to paycheck dependence on a large scale and shift employee thinking and focus away from just earning a paycheck to running their own business under the roof of employers with the support of employers. The resulting workplace compensation model is called the Empowered Employee Compensation Model (EECM). The EECM replaces hourly wages and salaries with ten (10) new income resources and benefits with the potential to usher in a 3-fold increase in the aggregate standard of living for both employees and employers.
Now, again, when you revisit the definition of the Income Reengineering Process, it’s all about economic research:
The Income Reengineering Process is the real time, collaborative and interactive economic research into how to apply the internet and other information technology to aggressively and systematically integrate entrepreneurship and wealth focused principles, processes and compensation models into the mainstream workplace to the point where we make the income reengineering vision a reality in the mainstream workplace
This is because, obviously, something of this scale must be tested and researched carefully prior to implementation. This economic research is NOT conducted by some government or corporate entity. Instead, it’s conducted at the grassroots level by individuals, entrepreneurs, professionals and average workers from all walks of life and professional disciplines who choose to participate part time over the internet.
To dig deeper into actual operations, start with this blog post.